Scientist/Sr. Research Associate, Protein Engineering
Stratos Genomics is seeking energetic and motivated Scientists and Senior Research Associates to join our team. Candidates will be involved in designing, testing, and optimizing the production of DNA polymerases for use in our technology, Sequencing by Expansion. The position is a combination of hands-on laboratory work, project design, and collaborative development. The successful candidate will work directly with founding Technical and Scientific Officers, Scientists, and Research Associates in a dynamic start-up biotech environment. This position requires an availability to work between the hours of 8am to 7pm with extended work hours possible at times.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years laboratory experience including the manipulation of nucleic acids, protein expression and analysis, assay development, and process development/management.
- Preference given to candidates with additional technical background in next-generation DNA sequencing platforms, DNA polymerase biology, protein engineering and design, product development, and enzymology.
- Plan and execute complex projects on an aggressive schedule.
- Regularly communicate progress, adjustments, and next steps.
- Perform data analysis and protocol development.
- Identify problems and propose solutions.
- Maintain detailed and reliable laboratory records.
- Adhere to Stratos’s policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels.
- Demonstrable ability to advance creative and scientifically sound proposals.
- Solid computer skills. Experience with Excel required. Experience with PyMol preferred.
- Very good organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical ability.
Compensation and Benefits: Scientists and Sr. Research Associates enjoy a competitive salary with the opportunity for growth that only a burgeoning start-up can provide. Stratos Genomics employees also enjoy these benefits: two weeks PTO plus ten company holidays, and up to 6 bonus days off based on company performance; generous health insurance including vision and dental, life and disability insurance; 401K match program; flexible spending accounts, stock options, and a gym membership.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF, Word document, or text in body of e-mail).