Scientist/Research Associate, Nanotechnology/Molecular Biology
Scientist/Research Associate—Molecular Biology/Nanotechnology
Stratos Genomics is seeking energetic and motivated Scientists and Research Associates to join our team. Candidates will be involved in developing and optimizing the nanopore-based detection platform for our novel DNA sequencing technology, Sequencing by Expansion. The position primarily involves hands-on laboratory work as individual contributors and as a part of a development team. The Research Associate will work directly with founding Technical and Scientific Officers, Scientists, and Research Associates in a dynamic start-up biotech environment. This position requires an availability to work between the hours of 8am to 7pm with extended work hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- PhD, MS, BS, or BA in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or related field
- Minimum of 1-5 years laboratory experience including the manipulation of nucleic acids, protein engineering, assay development, and process development/management
- Preference given to candidates with additional technical background in next-generation DNA sequencing platforms, nucleic acid manipulation, protein engineering, single molecule detection, lipid bilayer systems, and nanopore technology
- Plan and execute complex projects, communicating schedule, implementation steps, and progress
- Design and execute well-controlled experiments
- Perform data analysis and protocol development
- Identify problems and propose solutions
- Maintain detailed and reliable laboratory records
- Maintain the lab’s cleanliness and organization
- Adhere to Stratos’s policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer skills
- Very good organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability
- A keen ability to listen to directions and execute them accurately
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels
Compensation: Scientist/Research Associates enjoy a competitive salary with the opportunity for growth that only a burgeoning start-up can provide. Stratos Genomics employees also enjoy these benefits: 2 weeks PTO + 10 company holidays and up to 6 bonus days based on company performance, generous health insurance including vision and dental, life and disability insurance, 401K match options, flexible spending accounts, stock options, and a gym membership.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to email@example.com (PDF, Word document, or text in body of e-mail). In the cover letter, please address the following: the technology that Stratos Genomics is developing, why you want to work here and how you would contribute. Qualified applicants that do this the best will be the ones that are contacted.