Quality Associate/Scientist, Molecular Engineering
Quality Associate/Scientist — Molecular Engineering
WHO WE ARE
Stratos Genomics is a dynamic biotech startup company developing a novel DNA sequencing technology. As a successful startup company in a competitive technology space, the work culture at Stratos Genomics is energetic and hard working. Our lab consists of accomplished and driven scientists, engineers, and researchers from various scientific disciplines. This interdisciplinary environment provides tremendous opportunity for learning and growth but is only for those passionate about the pursuit of scientific discovery. Our team has a strong commitment to achieving the company goals and we are looking for people to help us accomplish them. You can learn more about us and our technology by browsing our website, stratosgenomics.com.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual to work in a unique cross-departmental position. Candidates will manage and be responsible for a variety of tasks aimed at evaluating and maintaining the quality of reagents, products and ultimately, the Xpandomers generated for our sequencing technology. The Quality Associate/Scientist will develop assays, standards, and implement and maintain QA/QC processes. These activities will cover all aspects of our novel DNA sequencing technology, Sequencing by Expansion, so candidates must have a strong chemistry background along with exemplary interpersonal skills. Candidates will also have opportunities to design and execute experiments that further enhance company goals. This position requires an availability to work between the hours of 8am to 7pm with extended work hours when necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- PhD, MS, BS or BA in chemistry, organic chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years laboratory experience with preference to experience with QA/QC, process development/management, including experience with LIMS
- Experience writing, revising, and formatting SOPs
- Document control
- Handling and analysis (MS, NMR & HPLC) of complex biomolecules
- Actively design and propose methods, ideas, systems and experiments to improve established lab processes
- Establish and maintain QC/QA approval process for manufactured products
- Collect and organize vendor and in-house certificate of analysis documents
- Review, make recommendations, ensure uniformity and maintain document control over all SOPs
- Work with all lab members to ensure SOPs are followed correctly
- Maintain detailed and reliable laboratory records
- Maintain the lab’s cleanliness and organization
- Adhere to Stratos’ policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer skills
- Very good organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability
- A keen ability to listen to directions and execute them accurately
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels
Compensation: Scientists/Associates enjoy a competitive salary with the opportunity for growth that only a burgeoning start-up can provide. Stratos Genomics employees also enjoy these benefits: 2 weeks PTO + 10 company holidays and up to 6 bonus days based on company performance, generous health insurance including vision and dental, life and disability insurance, 401K match options, flexible spending accounts, stock options, and a gym membership.
To apply: send resume and a cover letter specifically addressing this opportunity in PDF format to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please be sure to explain how you will meet the above requirements as well as address the following: the technology that Stratos Genomics is developing, why you want to work here, and how you would contribute. Qualified applicants that do this the best will be the ones that are contacted.