Lab Assistant/Research Associate, Biochemistry
Lab Assistant/Research Associate—Biochemistry
Stratos Genomics is seeking energetic and motivated Lab Assistants/Research Associates to join our team. Candidates will be involved in developing and optimizing the biochemistry behind our novel DNA sequencing technology, Sequencing by Expansion. The position primarily involves hands-on laboratory work as individual contributors and as a part of a development team. Biochemistry is the hub that collaborates with all departments in the lab, putting them at the front lines for new and exciting results. This position requires an availability to work between the hours of 8am to 7pm with extended work hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA or Master’s in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or related field.
- Laboratory experience including the manipulation of nucleic acids, protein engineering, assay development, and process development/management preferred.
- Plan and execute complex projects with a high attention to detail.
- Design and execute well-controlled experiments.
- Perform data analysis and protocol development.
- Identify problems and propose solutions.
- Maintain detailed and reliable laboratory records.
- Maintain the lab’s cleanliness and organization.
- Adhere to Stratos’s policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid computer skills. Experience with Excel preferred.
- Organize and communicate quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to solve challenging problems with a creative perspective.
- Strong analytical ability.
- A keen ability to listen to directions and execute them accurately.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels.
Compensation and Benefits: Biochemistry Lab Assistants/Research Associates enjoy a competitive salary with the opportunity for growth that only a burgeoning start-up can provide. Stratos Genomics employees also enjoy these benefits: 2 weeks PTO + 10 company holidays and up to 6 bonus days based on company performance, generous health insurance including vision and dental, life and disability insurance, 401K match program, flexible spending accounts, stock options, and a gym membership.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to email@example.com (PDF, Word document, or text in body of e-mail).