Biotech Laboratory Assistant
We are seeking driven, self-motivated, and passionate individuals looking to start or continue a research career in a fast-paced lab. The laboratory assistant will play an integral role in the day to day operations as we develop our novel DNA sequencing technology. This position requires an availability to work the hours of 8am to 7pm, Monday through Friday, with the ability to work extended work hours and weekends.
- Order and track laboratory supplies.
- Keep the lab clean and organized.
- Maintain and repair equipment.
- Prepare and track solutions and reagents.
- Create and maintain SOPs.
- Assist in the planning and execution of experiments.
- Quickly and effectively interpret directions into appropriate and efficient actions.
- Develop and propose improved processes to fulfill the above functions.
- Adhere to Stratos's policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid computer skills.
- Very good organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work safely and professionally with or on Stratos's property.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree focused in Biotechnology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or related field preferred.
Compensation: Lab Assistants start at $47,500 a year with the opportunity for growth that only a burgeoning start-up can provide. Stratos Genomics employees also enjoy these benefits: 2 weeks PTO + 10 company holidays and up to 6 bonus days based on company performance, generous health insurance including vision and dental, life and disability insurance, 401K match options, flexible spending accounts, stock options, and a gym membership.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com (PDF, Word document, or text in body of e-mail). In the cover letter, please address the following: the technology that Stratos Genomics is developing, why you want to work here, and how you would contribute. Qualified applicants that do this the best will be the ones that are contacted. Only local applicants will be considered.